The N3680 barcode scan engine is a fully decoded 2D imager that utilizes Honeywell decoding and imaging technology in our most compact design. It represents a balance between size, performance and ease of integration, providing an enhanced user experience.
The N3680 2D imager supports a wide variety of symbologies, including 1D, 2D and PDF417 barcodes. It also includes advanced features that support reading poorly-printed barcodes, and can read barcodes directly from smartphone screens.
To provide an easy upgrade path for customers desiring a 1D laser with a 2D imaging option, the N3680 is the same size as our N4315, and even features the same mounting holes and electrical pin-out. This gives you the greatest flexibility to quickly provide barcode reading solutions with the lowest design cost, in the most compact designs.
- Integrated decode: Eliminates the need for a separate decoder board and extra programming and integration work. The N3680 engine can even work without an OS and host CPU.
- Easier to integrate: Available in either TTL serial or USB, both with an industry standard 12-pin ZIF connector, allowing easier integration into the most popular devices and applications.
- Compact: Compact size and compatibility with our N4315 1D laser engine provide enhanced design flexibility and reuse.
- Based on Honeywell technology: Provides enhanced-performance scanning and imaging capabilities, and support for a variety of 1D and 2D barcode symbologies.
- Mobile-Ready: Scans barcodes displayed on mobile phone screens, useful for reading mobile coupons, loyalty cards, barcode payment systems for mobile wallet applications, and more.
- Mobile coupons
- Loyalty cards
- Mobile tickets
- Paperless boarding passes
- Barcode payment systems for mobile wallet applications