NBP Series — Uncompensated/Unamplified
Honeywell’s Basic Board Mount Pressure Sensors: NBP Series Uncompensated/Unamplified are designed for customers who require a simple, cost-effective, basic performance, mV output, unamplified, uncompensated, high quality, high resolution solution for medical and industrial applications.
These unamplified and uncompensated sensors offer infinite resolution of the pressure signal. They will operate as specified from -40 °C to 125 °C [-40 °F to 257 °F].
The NBP Series is ideal for those customers who want to do their own compensation, calibration, and amplification in order to make use of the maximum resolution of the bare sensor output, leveraging a custom algorithm required for the application.
Additionally, the NBP Series offers several package styles and mounting options, making it easier for device manufacturers to integrate the product into their applications.
The NBP Series sensors are intended for use with non-corrosive, non-ionic gases, such as air and other dry gases and for non-corrosive, non-ionic liquids. All products are designed and manufactured according to ISO 9001.
The NBP Series measures absolute and gage pressures. The absolute versions have an internal vacuum reference and an output value proportional to absolute pressure. Gage versions are referenced to atmospheric pressure and provide an output proportional to pressure variations from atmosphere.
• Cost effective: These devices provide a cost-effective pressure
sensing solution with a variety of options that allow customers to meet their specific application
• Honeywell brand:
- Manufacturing excellence: Honeywell has more than 100 years of manufacturing and engineering excellence
- Fast Request for Quotes (RFQs): Responding quickly to your RFQs and product sample needs is a hallmark of Honeywell. Our experienced engineers understand the importance of timely quotes. And because Honeywell is a manufacturer, you can depend on a quick response to your prototype needs
- Fast response for samples: Dedicated teams and manufacturing processes ensure that product samples are shipped quickly and delivered in time to support your demanding product development cycle
- Reliable supply chain: Honeywell’s effective inventory management and dependable supply chain is there throughout your development cycle
- Designed to Six Sigma standards: Six Sigma standards provide the highest level of product quality, performance, and consistency. Six Sigma provides confidence that the sensor will perform to specification. Many competitive products are produced to lower Sigma tolerances, which may result in some products not performing to the specification to which they were designed
- Supporting documentation: Honeywell’s website provides numerous technical materials to assist you in your application needs
• Small size: Package size (as small as 7 mm x 7 mm [0.276 in x 0.276 in]) is very small
when compared to most board mount pressure sensors, occupying less space on the PCB and typically allowing
for easy placement on crowded PCBs or in small devices
• Durable: Many features allow for use in tough environments, including:
- Wide operating temperature range from -40 °C to 125 °C [-40 °F to 257 °F]
- Media compatibility options:
o Non-gel coating: The input port is limited to non-corrosive, non-ionic media such as dry air and gases and should not be exposed to condensation; the gases are limited to media that are compatible with high temperature polyamide, silicone, alumina ceramic, silicon, gold, and glass
o Gel coating: Uses the same materials in the wetted media path but is protected from condensation by a silicone-based gel coating; allows use in applications where condensation can occur
- ISO 9001 compliance
• Flexible: Numerous package styles, pressure ranges, housings, gel coating, and porting options simplify integration into the device manufacturer’s application
• Robust: Reflow mounting J-STD-020D, MSL 1 and rapid stabilization after reflow soldering allow calibration immediately after mounting
• Hospital beds
• Oxygen concentrators
• Wound therapy
• Blood pressure monitoring
• HVAC Transmitters
• Air movement control
• Environmental control
• Level indicators
• Leak detection
• Industrial controls
• Pneumatic controls
• Other commercial applications